Mundie Moms

Saturday, May 3, 2014

City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long: Chapter 2


Hello & welcome to day #2 of our City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long. You can find out more about the read along and find the schedule here. There is no right or wrong way to participate. Your comments can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. 

Today's discussion is about the Chapter 2: Thorns
  • I love that no matter what Clary and Simon have been through, they are always there for each other. Despite all that Simon is dealing with right now, he's put it all aside to be there for Clary. How have your thoughts about Simon changed over the course of the series?
  • I find it interesting that a point is made about Magnus not going with the group to see the Seelie Queen, then while there she puts a glamor on Alec making him look hideously old, and commenting about his look, and what Magnus would think. We all know the Queen does things for a reason, and what would her reasoning be for getting under Alec's skin like that?
  • Why do you think the Queen wants the faerie rings back? My guess is there's more to what she's telling Clary.
  • Will! I love that Will was mentioned (I think I need to go re-read The Infernal Devices). Do you think Magnus has ever truly gotten over his feelings towards Will? Part of me thinks he'll always feel that "what might have been" towards Will, even though it was ages ago. 
Please DO NOT POST SPOILERS. There's some fans who are joining the read-a-long who are reading Clockwork Prince for the first time. 

2 comments:

  1. I have loved Simon from day one. He is so loyal and kind! I really, really like him. I like how he's morphed into a bad @$$.... *BUT* he is still very sweet which makes him al the more appealing!
    The Seelie Queen doesn't necessarily need a reason to be cruel, but if she can put snakes in Alec's head, then it has the potential to hurt Magnus. There's obviously no love between the two Downworlders.
    I remember thinking the same thing about the rings. I didn't buy her story about the rings at the time. Sure she didn't lie by commission but I wondered if she was lying by omission. Plus, Clary puts herself at risk for being punished for defying the Shadowhunters by removing fairy artifacts from the Institute.
    I think Magnus admired Will a great deal. Plus we know from Book 3 that he's still tight with Tessa. Sometimes the things in life we regret aren;t the things we've done but the things we didn't do, so maybe his feeling toward Will are a bit wistful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a back and forth with Clary and Simon, they become what the other needs when they need it. This comes when you really know someone.
    I think there is something very serious between the Seelie Queen and Magnus and like I said before she is a wild card and keeps stirring the pot. Unfortuantely Alec is one of the ingredients.
    Not sure if the Queen really wanted the rings back or she was planting them in the hands she wanted to have them to keep the tables turning. Maybe Magnus want what will and Tessa had, that forever kind of love in the human way.

    ReplyDelete

Labels