Mundie Moms

Friday, May 9, 2014

City of Lost Souls Read - A - Long: Chapter 7 Sea of Change


Hello & welcome to day #7 of our City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long. You can find out more about the read along and find the schedule here. There is no right or wrong way to participate. Your comments can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. 

Today's discussion is about the Chapter 7: Sea of Change

Chapter 7
  • I loved the Clary and Simon scene. Regardless of what has happened throughout the series, these two have such a strong relationship. I loved Clary's comment about Love, and that "Love isn't moral or immoral, it just is." This comment to me, is fitting for the relationships that exist in the Shadowhunter world. Would you agree? What did you make of her comment about love?
  • Gah, my heart broke for Magnus on pages 151-152 when he mentions that life sometimes chooses people and torments them. Assuming he's speaking of Will and then he mentions the bond that again, made me think of Jem and Will. What are your thoughts on his conversation with Izzy? What are your thoughts on his comment, "Blood isn't love, just ask Clary."
  • Jace and Clary..... what the heck do you think just happened? Jace comes for Clary, and she willingly goes with him, but before she blacks out she tastes something bitter on Jace's lips. Do you think he drugged her? Or do you think that what she tasted was something else entirely?

Please DO NOT POST SPOILERS. There's some fans who are joining the read-a-long who are reading Clockwork Prince for the first time. 

2 comments:

  1. I commented on this one. What happened to it???? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the honest pesimistic attitudes of love in this chapter. I have always been sceptical of those who fall head over heels in love. I very pragmatic and have my own doubts and reservations. I believe more in true friendships like what Clary and Simon have and I believe in friendship that grow into love.

    Magnus is just plagued with Immortal baggage. It come with the territory.

    Again having read this story before I will not comment on the third bullet.

    ReplyDelete

Labels