Mundie Moms

Saturday, May 10, 2014

City of Lost Souls Read A Long: Chapter 8 & 9


Hello & welcome to day #8 of our City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long. You can find out more about the read along and find the schedule here. There is no right or wrong way to participate. Your comments can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. 

Today's discussion is about the Part II Certain Dark Things / Chapter 8: Fire Test Gold & Chapter 9: The Iron Sisters

Chapter 8
  • Maia and Jordan.... I'll admit that it took me a bit to like Jordan in COLS. Given what we know about him, and what he did to Maia, I don't want him hurting her again. Then he acts all sweet and says things to Maia that make me swoon, and want everything to work out between them. What were/are your thoughts when you first read this chapter with Maia and Jordan?
  • Jace and Sebastian. Sebastian is seriously creeping me out, especially with the way he embraced Clary when she ran into him. There's definitely something weird going on. What are your thoughts about the whole Jace/Sebastian thing?
Today's discussion is about the Chapter 9: The Iron Sisters

Chapter 9
  • Alec!! What in the heck of the shadowhunters' codex are you doing?!?! I swear Alec is going to rip my heart out. I don't know if I'm more shocked or mad at him in this chapter. I get he's vain and insecure when it comes to his and Magnus's relationship, but wanting to change Magnus totally crossed the line. I can't believe she's making a deal with Camille. Camille for her part is definitely playing off of Alec's insecurities. What are your thoughts about Alec after reading this chapter? 
  • After Izzy laid into the Iron Sisters, and left, there was a comment by the Iron Sisters about Izzy and how she'd make a great Iron Sister. Do you agree with that? 


2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that he offers he money and all sorts of other things to make up for what he did when he was not in control of himself. I think he just needs forgiveness and unrealistically he wants things to be as they were but why not have them better in the situtation they are in today. I suspect he keeps reflecting backwards hopin to retrieve what he had rather than working towards what he could have.

    The Jace and Sebastian thing will always be creepy because it is magically forced and not natural. It why alot of magic writers build in the magic can no make love. And for those times that magic is involved in love it generally goes all wrong.

    I will come back to comment on chap 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for Chapter 9 the lightwoods have issues that are hidden from plain site or maybe not.

    ReplyDelete

Labels