Mundie Moms

Friday, May 2, 2014

CoLS Read-A-Long Day #1 - The Prologue & Chapter 1


Hello & welcome to day #1 of our City of Lost Souls Read-A-Long. You can find out more about the read along and find the schedule here. There is no right or wrong way to participate. Your comments can be as long or as short as you'd like them to be. 

Today's discussion is about the Prologue & Chapter 1: The Last Council.
  • That is one killer of a prologue! Poor Simon! My heart breaks for him. Then we learn that not only is Jace gone, but Sebastian isn't dead, and he's also gone. What were your first thoughts when you read the prologue? I was in tears.
  • Chapter 1 - Clary is cleared of any wrong doing, and after searching for two weeks, the Clave has decided to re-prioritize their focus. I don't know about you guys, but I was a little miffed that they gave up so quickly. What did you think? 
  • I love how the group bands together, and regardless of laws, they're willing to risk so much to find Jace. I'm a little worried about Clary being so willing to seek out the Seelie Queen. We all know what happens when she's in the picture. Do you agree with Clary using her as help in finding Jace?
Please DO NOT POST SPOILERS. There's some fans who are joining the read-a-long who are reading Clockwork Prince for the first time. 


4 comments:

  1. It's time already????? *squee* Off to dust of CoLS and get started! I'll be back later on today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! I know, I can't believe it's already time to do another read along. I'm so excited!!!

      Delete
  2. I agree....it was a tough prologue and first chapter. I thought at the time that somehow valentine's supporters had Sebastian and Jace....
    Of course I was miffed that the Clave didn't put forth more effort in finding Jace....I was livid! It made me wonder why they didn't try to recruit more humans (mundanes with The Sight) to be Shadowhunters to help them with so many wards being breached, etc...
    I think Clary did the right thing about asking the Seelie Queen for help because at this point in the book they have absolutely nothing....not even Magnus has a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the worst for both Simon and his mom. They are each tortured in their own way. As for the Clave they are essentially a political entity that serves the masses as the expense of the one. This of the great expanse of the entire shadowhunter population and Jace is what percent? Plus we wouldn't have story of our characters didn't have the opportunity to act out. The Seelie Queen is just the ultimate wild card that keeps the story churning with more twists and turns.

    ReplyDelete

Labels