Mundie Moms

Monday, May 5, 2014

Mundane Monday #210- Jace & Clary from City of Lost Souls

Happy Mundane Monday! 
Only a few more weeks till City of Heavenly Fire is out! 
Enjoy this CoLS snippet featuring Jace & Clary. 


A snippet from City of Lost Souls *spoilers*

"Read to me," She said suddenly.
He blinked down at her. "What?"
She was looking past him, at the books on his nightstand. 
"It's a lot to process," she said. "What Sebastian said, what happened last night, everything. I need to sleep, but I'm too keyed up. When I was young and I couldn't sleep, my mother used to read to me to relax me."
"And I remind you of your mother now? I have got to look into a manlier cologne."
"No, it's just-I thought it would be nice."

He scooted back against the pillows, reaching for the stack of books by the bed. "Anything particular you want to hear?" With a flourish he picked up the book on top of the stack. It looked old, leather-bound, the title stamped in gold on the front. A Tale of Two Cities. "Dickens is always promising...."

"I've read that before. For school," Clary recalled. She scooted up on the pillows beside Jace. "But I don't remember any of it, so I wouldn't mind hearing it again." 

"Excellent. I've been told I have a lovely, melodic reading voice." He flipped the book open to the front page, where the title was printed in ornate script. Across from it was a long dedication, the ink faded now and barley legible, though Clary could make out the signature: With hope at last, William Herondale

- City of Lost Souls, pages 385-386

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels