Mundie Moms

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

10 Fairytales & Fairytale Retellings / Top Ten Tuesday #35



Hello & welcome to this week's Top Ten Tuesday. This week's topic is Fairytales & Fairytale Retellings. My last Top Ten Tuesday post was, 10 Books That Celebrate Diversity / Diverse Characters. 

I LOVE fairytales and fairytale retellings. I have found there a lot of great YA fairytale retellings. Though this list only contains 10 of those, I highly recommend checking out Epic Reads's list of 162 YA fairytale retellings (which I've included at the bottom of my post). Currently, these are my top ten favorite YA fairytale retellings:





  1. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas; I love Sarah's writing, and this is a fabulous telling of Beauty and the Beast, with a touch of a few other fairytales. *review coming soon to MMs*
  2. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh; I loved this retelling of One Thousand and One Nights. 
  3. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer; If you love fairytale retellings, this is the series you'll want to read! My favorite from the series is Scarlet.
  4. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen; I LOVE the story of Robin Hood, and this retelling is one of my all time favorite fairy tale retellings.
  5. Cruel Beauty of Rosamund Hodge; This is another fabulous Beauty & The Best retelling that I loved!
  6. The Artisans by Julie Reece; An electrifying retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I loved this read!
  7. Entwined by Heather Dixon; I loved Heather Dixon's retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses.
  8. Goddess by Josephine Angelini; If you love Greek mythology, pick up this series!
  9. Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson; Two words, Norse Mythology! 
  10. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay; Fans of twisted fairytales will enjoy this spin on the story of Sleeping Beauty. 
Other Great Fairytale Retellings: 
  1. Everneath by Brodi Ashton; Greek Mythology
  2. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce; A great Little Red Riding Hood retelling for YA readers.
  3. Splintered by A.G. Howard; A fabulously twisted retelling of Alice and Wonderland. 
These are just a few of the fairytale retellings I've read and really enjoyed. I've got a shelf full of retellings to still read, which I wish I could say I've read in time for this post. I know there are a lot of great fairytale retellings in the YA world. What are some of your favorite retellings?



If you're looking for some other great fairytale retellings, check out this list here from Epic Reads. *Click image to enlarge.

5 comments:

  1. I really do need to pick up Cruel Beauty. Keep seeing it everywhere this week. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Very grateful and humbled to be included with these incredible stories! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quite enjoyed Princess of Thorns
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-fairy-tale.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Entwined and ACOTAR are some of my faves as well! I love that map of the retellings. I use it to try to order books for the library where I work.
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, yess :) I love a lot of these retellings too. <3 But especially Scarlet :) Thank you for sharing your gorgeous list Katie. <3

    ReplyDelete

Labels