Mundie Moms

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel / Top Ten Tuesday #42




Hello & welcome to this week's Top Ten Tuesday. This week's topic is 10 Debut Authors Who's Sophomore Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading. My last Top Ten Tuesday post was, Halloween Freebie - 10 Creepy Halloween Reads.



I have read some phenomenal debut books over the last year. The majority of which all had debut books out this year. I have to say, their books made it really hard for me to get into the books I read after theirs. Some of these debuts were so great, that I would have considered selling an entire bookcase full of books just to read their sophomore book.... okay I may not have gone through with selling one of my bookcases full of books, but I would have considered it.

Check out my list of Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward to Reading Their Sophomore Novel.. aka.... If their sequels/sophomore books were already available for pre-ordered, I have preordered them. 



1) An Ember In The Ashes by Sabba Tahir
This is going to be the first in a list of 10 books where all I need to say is I LOVED IT! Sabba's writing, and storytelling is captivating. I absolutely loved this book! I've already got my copy of A Torch Against the Night pre-ordered. 

2) The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahadieh

This is another debut that loved! Like Sabba, Renee's writing and storytelling are flawless. Like every book on this list, I wish their sequels were already out. I've already got the sequel, The Rose & The Dagger pre-ordered. 

3) The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

I absolutely loved this book! This is one of those reads that had me wishing I had the sequel in my hands so I could read it after I finished this book. I've already got Glass Sword, pre-ordered.

4) The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace

This is one of those debuts that left me in awe, because I couldn't believe it was Becky's debut. I loved it, and I can't wait for The Skylighter, which is also already pre-ordered. 

5) Compulsion by Martina Boone

I might be cheating a bit with this one, because I've already reviewed her sophomore novel, Persuasion, here. It is just as fabulous as her debut!! I love her Martina's writing and now I can't wait for her next book. 

6
) The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Gray
This was one of those surprising debuts that totally blew me away. I loved this book, and I can't wait to pick up my copy of Melissa's sequel, The Shadow Hour.

7) Lock & Mori by Heather Petty

While this sequel's title hasn't yet been named, I'm impatiently waiting for it to be released. I loved Heather's debut, and I need this book asap!

8) Nameless by Jennifer Jenkins
Same as above! I loved her debut, and I can't wait for this sequel, who's title hasn't yet been released. 

9) Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout
Y'all know I'm not a huge contemporary fan, but this is one of those books that makes me a fan. I loved Katie's debut! It had everything I wanted in a contemp, and I can not wait to read her next book!

10) Cruel Beauty of Rosamund Hodge
I know her sequel, Crimson Bound, is already out, but I've not yet had a chance to read it, even though the book is sitting on the top of my TBR pile. I loved this debut, and I'm really looking forward to reading her sequel!


There are a lot of fabulous debut authors who's books have been released over this last year. These are just a few of my favorites, who's next books I can't wait to read. Who are some of your favorite debut authors?

3 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to A Torch Against the Night too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niiice! Kicking myself for forgetting Melissa Grey! Not sure how she slipped past me, and I was trying to do this post right too! LOL! Read some of these, need to read some of these too! But I do have the books, they just need to be read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yess, I'm excited for many of the sequels to these books too :D YAY! Stunning post Katie. <3 Thank you for sharing this awesome list :) I hope you will love all of these books when you get to read them. <3

    ReplyDelete

Labels