Mundie Moms

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Katherine McNamara Talks Shadowhunters, Being Cast as Clary & More with Mundie Moms!



Today is the day! The premiere of 'Shadowhunters' airs tonight on Freeform (formerly known as ABC Family). Recently I had the chance to interview the lovely Katherine McNamara, who plays Clary. While I had many questions for Katherine, we ended up spending most of the time gushing over Clary's character, more than anything. Through out my interview with Katherine, I really got a sense that she really gets Clary. I felt like she really understands Clary's character. In between excitedly talking about Clary, I had the chance to ask her a few questions about the show.



On Playing Clary 
What drew you to Clary's character?

Of all the characters I've played, Clary is the closest to me as a person. A lot of what she goes through, hits close to home for me. 

On What She Admires About Clary
What do you admire the most about Clary?

I love that she has strength and vulnerability. She's a heroine. A warrior. She's flawed, and makes mistakes. She's learning. She grows through her mistakes. She has her innocence. She's loyal, and selfless.

On The 'Shadowhunters' Characters
What do you like most about the Shadowhunters characters?

All the characters have flaws that connects us to them. As the series continues, we're going to continue to see them thrown off balance, and see them grow as characters.



The Cast & Behind the Scenes Humor 
I love the bond the and the chemistry the cast has both on and off the set. There seems to be some jokesters in the cast. What is one of the funniest things that happened on set?

We have a lot of fun, on and off the set. The series is so serious, and we love to keep it light in between takes. Dominic Sherwood loves to play pranks. For one of his pranks he tapped me to my trailer. Before I realized what he was doing, he had tapped me to it, and then walked away. Everyone came with cameras to take pictures. Matt, who's like my big brother, came and cut me out. 

Favorite Rune
What's your favorite rune?

The rune that stands out to me, is the angelic rune one. 

On Her Favorite The Mortal Instruments Book
I love that you're reading The Mortal Instruments series. Which book are you currently reading now? Which book is your favorite?

I'm currently reading book 5, City of Lost Souls. I'm hoping to finish reading it soon. I've loved falling in love with the Shadowhunters world Cassie has created. My favorite book, is book three (City of Glass). I loved how it ended. 

Thank you to Katherine, Disney, and ABC Family for making our interview possible! A big thank you to Katherine for taking time out of her crazy schedule to talk with us!


You can catch Katherine, and the rest of the 'Shadowhunters' cast tonight on Freeform, starting at 9 pm EST / 8 pm CST. 

* All images are property of ABC Family/Freeform

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels